Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"What a wonderful world".

While Mr. Gandhi Noodle (my daughter's big, black cat), lazily rolled over on a cozy, warm and thick rug draped over the bare, wooden floor of the main level of our 1.5 storey house, I peeped through the window thinking if I should or shouldn't brace myself to go outside and enjoy some brisk moment of fresh, crisp winter air...


after a moment of hesitation, I thought I should start "winterizing" myself 
by simply not thinking of how dreadful it is going to be when snow 
becomes a common scenery in the months to come.
So I grabbed my long winter coat, a pair of gloves, and a pair of winter boots, of course not forgetting to grab my camera just in case I stumble upon 
some "interesting subjects".


Today started  on a a frosty note as I have noticed 
some light snow on the ground and everything around me. 
Nature is even more beautiful to look at against the clear blue sky. 


Though the sun was out, I can feel the sharp, biting coldness of Minnesota's  early winter air. I saw a bird perched on a branch of my apple tree but not another shadow of any creatures around. I saw couple of red, feisty squirrels yesterday but none today.




Though winter is just a few blinks away, I would rather think that I will find some delights and surprises on simple things around me to keep me inspired in life.


It makes me smile to catch a glimpse of a frozen pink "Sweet Williams" flower in my garden as I inch my way back to the house. And as I end this post, I heard from the radio the song "Over the rainbow/What a wonderful world" (by Israel ‘IZ’ Kamakawiwo’ole on Unforgettable: The Standards Collection). Indeed, what a wonderful world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment